Isodorio Padilla's Dec. 23 arrest by Española Police Department officers left him with two broken ribs, a punctured lung, a cut to his face, and a taser wound on his chest. His brother John Padilla's attorney Todd Bullion said a lawsuit against the city is likely.
Isodorio Padilla, a 62-year-old retired Navy SEAL, said his PTSD and fear influenced his actions that night and that his symptoms have worsened greatly since the incident.
Española Police Chief Roger Jimenez said officers' use of force was justified and in line with Department policy.
As featured on
- 11 Years Later, Murder Suspect Charged
- 2020 Española Municipal Election Q&A
- Parents Push for Probe of Santa Fe Jail
- 'Backup Plan' Would Send Juvenile Prisoners to Farmington
- Española Evens District Standings with 55-52 Win over Pojoaque
- President's Fantasy Speech Encourages Activist to Work Even Harder
- County Inks Program to Keep Patients out of Jail
- Santa Cruz Priest Found Not Guilty
- Dulce Schools Still Struggling
- Police Blotter: Man Accused of Theft Just Looking for Change