Isodorio Padilla's Dec. 23 arrest by Española Police Department officers left him with two broken ribs, a punctured lung, a cut to his face, and a taser wound on his chest. His brother John Padilla's attorney Todd Bullion said a lawsuit against the city is likely.
Isodorio Padilla, a 62-year-old retired Navy SEAL, said his PTSD and fear influenced his actions that night and that his symptoms have worsened greatly since the incident.
Española Police Chief Roger Jimenez said officers' use of force was justified and in line with Department policy.
As featured on
- Two People in Rio Arriba Test Positive for Coronavirus
- City of Española Declares Emergency to Slow Spread of Virus
- Coronavirus Testing Underway in Rio Arriba
- Police Blotter: Caller Hopes Police Can Make Pizza Delivery Faster
- Pandemic Amplifies Struggles for Homeless People
- Families Learning How to Live in Isolation and Uncertainty
- How the Pandemic is Changing Policing
- Social Distancing Necessary
- State Police Surge in Española, Chama, Taos
- Casinos Closed, Restaurants and Stores Restricted to Stem Spread of Virus
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.