Rene Vela, 64, beloved father, was called to his eternal resting place on August 28, 2020. He was born October 31, 1955 in Laredo, TX, born to Jose and Ninfa Vela. Rene grew up in Sacramento, California, where he graduated from high school and attended community college. He also lived in Texas and New Mexico throughout his life. Rene loved handyman work and became a carpenter by profession; he would often find pleasure in partaking in odd jobs in construction. He enjoyed being outdoors and was always the first one to participate in any game or outdoor event. Rene took pleasure in making people laugh; he would use his sense of humor, whether it was singing, dancing, or telling a joke. Whatever the occasion, he was always the life of the party. He loved hunting, listening to ‘oldies’, and classic cars. Most of all, Rene greatly enjoyed being with family. Rene was very proud of his children and grandchildren. His love and devotion to his family was swiftly seen to whoever was near Rene. He is survived by his children, Michael Vela (Tracy); Jose Ramon Vela (LoriAnn); Ninfa Vela (Liberato); Salena Vela (Cherise); and Maria Jimenez; dear friend and former spouse, Cynthia Archuleta. Rene was also survived by his siblings Richard, Zorina, and Raymond. Rene was predeceased by siblings Raul, Mary, Noe, and grandson, Konner. Rene will be lovingly remembered by his 16 grandchildren, 3 great grandchildren, and 2 grand pups. Rene will also be fondly remembered by his numerous nieces, nephews, extended family, and dear friends. Visitation was on Friday, September 4, 2020, at Rivera Family Funeral Home at 8 AM followed by a procession to Saint Thomas the Apostle Catholic Parish in Abiquiu, NM for a Mass of Christian Burial at 11 AM. Burial took place in the church cemetery after Mass.
- Landlord Locks Angelina's
- TIerra Amarilla Medics Work Major Collision Alone
- Trash Authority Has No Operable Polycart Trucks, Down Six Staff
- Outgoing City Clerk Sees Much Potential in Valley
- Teen Shot in Head; Possibly During Carjacking Attempt
- Confused Caller ‘Drinks a Little, Smokes Weed’
- Española School District Enrollment Drops at 40-day Count
- Man Wants Charges Filed Against K9 Newspaper Thief
- City Gets Sweet Deal on Forest Service Building
- County Not on Board with Civil Rights Commission Recommendations
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.